On the first day of the program, there is an essential open house in the afternoon and then a brief orientation that begins during the evening meal.
- You and your children will be able to meet the trainers.
- The age groupings and type of learning activities will depend on the number, ages, and individual needs of the children present.
- The nursery program includes active developmental learning and play, as well as napping facilities. Experienced nursery caregivers establish a warm and stable environment. Parents can be called readily as needed.
- Further information regarding schedule, a program overview, and care provisions will be given during the orientation Tuesday morning and in initial session times.
Please be sure that you bring along the following items:
- Pictures of family, friends, and scenes from your country – to share stories on the first couple days. These can be printed or digital files.
- Bible (for older children who can read).
- Clothes appropriate for outside play, hiking, and activities.
- Jacket and sweaters. Mountain nights are cool, even in the summer.
- Tennis shoes that can get dirty (and boots in the winter).
- Extra space in your luggage to take home notebooks, crafts, and souvenirs from the program.